CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Updates

Since our 2nd child, Evan, has joined our family, I've had all these funny stories that I've wanted to share. Not wanting to post them to Facebook all the time (I'd be changing my status posting every 2 minutes), I decided to try this blog thing. And since my phone is more handy these days than my actual computer, I downloaded the app in hopes of saving these memories somewhere other than my mind, which seems to lose things quite frequently. :)

Let's see if I can update this blog a bit. Evan turned 3 weeks yesterday, yes, he's still a newborn. Having him in the house has been quite the adjustment for Aaron who will be 14 months on the 9th of this month. Yes, crazy I know. I'm still unsure how it's all going to work out without Mom completely losing her sanity. Today was the 2nd day that it was me, Aaron and Evan at home by ourselves while Travis was at work. Yesterday, the 1st day of this kind, was extremely interesting to say the least. I'm not sure how single moms do it... Aaron was on his best behavior, which is pretty good. He's had to grow up quite a bit since Evan came along. He only had a couple of melt downs, which included throwing himself on the floor and screaming/crying at the top of his lungs. Checking every few seconds to make sure I was watching him, he acted out a very good drama, screaming louder if I was watching and slowly calming down when he realized Mom wasn't running to pick him up. He's learning, hopefully, that he doesn't always get what he wants, a tough lesson for a one-year old.

Today was much of the same. I'm seeing the entertainer/comedian come out in him. He loves to be the center of attention and is learning that he gets more if he is funny. He loves to dance! Today, while I was pumping, he started dancing the the rythm of the pump. That made Mom laugh so he got a bit more animated. I wish I would have gotten it on tape. His dancing to his favorite cartoon, The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, will have to do for now.

As for Evan, his activities are eating, sleeping and pooping. I'm still trying to figure out what his personality is. But for now, i know he's a cuddler. He doesn't sleep well without someone close enough to touch and won't sleep at all in his crib. Still trying to figure out how to break him of that one. He also poops when he's under stress. One of the first days he was home, Travis was helping me change his diaper by holding his legs for me. Well, Evan, like most babies, doesn't enjoy being changed (the stressor). He shot poop across the room. I don't think I've ever seen Travis jump so quickly! Lol What a kid, Aaron was a pee'er and Evan is a pooper.  :) The joys of Parenthood. 'Night!




Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

0 comments:

Post a Comment