CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Trying this Blog thing again.

My last post was from 2011! Its now 2018, closing in on 2019! We have welcomed 2 more growing boys since my last post; Isaac who is 5 and Owen who just turned 2 last week. I also now have a BSN in addition to my BS in Psychology and have recently been accepted into the DNP FNP (Doctor of Nursing Practice, Family Nurse Practioner) at Bradley University. I start that craziness in January. So much to catch up on!
But for today I'll just share a little of what is going through my mind.
It's fall in Boise! I love the color changes that the trees go through, the oranges and reds. I love the cooler air in the morning and the warming up as the day progresses, but never getting past 70. Changes. As the seasons change, I reflect on how life is a constant changing process. And how we react to those changes can either hinder our own progression or enhance it. I'd like to think that I embrace change, but in reality I know that this is not always true. Starting my new career as a RN has been more difficult than I would have thought. And as I reflect on the feelings and struggles I have with it, I realize it's because I'm starting new. No experience with nursing, always asking questions on how to do new things, feeling inadequate and overwhelmed simply because I feel like I don't know enough. It's a new journey beginning with a lesson in humility. My prayer as I start every shift is simply to have the courage to ask for help when I need it and to keep my patients safe, feeling listened to and well cared for. I try to picture myself as a representative of Christ, offering care and succor for the physical body and by some small means, a lift for the spirit in their time of need. If I can keep that in mind, I feel like my inadequacies become less important. I may not know how to do everything but I know that with the help of the Spirit, I can care for those who need it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment